Client and their Business Need
The customer operates a fleet of vehicles (in association with service providers), offering roadside assistance to customers via a toll-free number across the US. The customer wanted a way by which routes for nearest service providers could be mapped for speedy assistance.
- A mobile app was built & deployed on the drivers’ mobile devices that updates its current location to a web services API.
- The data of the Lat/Long in the cloud server is then used to visually show the current location of the driver (using Google Maps).
- The present time interval data then shows the progress of the service provider’s vehicle in near real-time.
- Real-time alerts are triggered when the vehicle reaches the particular location of incident & warnings are triggered in case of excessive idling time.
- Finally, the recorded data is used to feed into a fake GPS, in order to simulate the trip and see how improvements can be made over time.
- Increased customer - end satisfaction in need of road-side assistance
- Historical Data for future predictive analysis such as ETA optimization
- Optimization of service providers’ vehicles, including increased fuel economy, transparency in driver statistics & behaviours